Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting there!

Good morning!
I have so many planned layouts on my desk, plans that I really want to carry out but now I have found this wonderful site called Counterfeit Kit Challenge from recommendeations here in the comment box in my blog. I really want to try that!
 
They decide on a current kit fom one of the big popular kit companies and then "counterfeit" that kit with supplies they already have at home. Everyone get their own kits but with inspiration from the same source. I'd like to do this and see how it would affect my creativity. When I have made kits before they have become so large it has never been much of a challenge, more a way to save time not needing to flip through all my supplies.
 
I watch alot of videos on You Tube, my favourites are with Nicole Jones and Shimelle Laine and they often use kits until there are nothing more than tiny fibers of papers left. Now I want to try this and see if it is fun. But first I need to scrap at least some of the plans I have made and continue working on improving my embellishing skills.
 
Today I share two layouts made with 6''x6'' papers. I'm really pleased with the alpha stickers I bought from Simple Stories! They are great and the word stickers that came with are perfect! They can be used all the time, very versatile and just the right size. The same kind of stickers from MME are just as good and I'm so happy I bought them!
 
 
This layout is the first in the album for my cousin's son and it is a photo from the hospital bed when he is only minutes old. I love the background!! I used the sunburst technique and it has become one of my favorites! The cards are not adhered to the page so if my cousin would like to ad some notes about his birth she can do that. It was fun to use the corrugated cardboard latters, they are ancient! 
 
  
I hope you'll have a nice day! Take care and scrap on!
//Åsa

4 comments:

  1. love those 3x4 cards-- they really make the layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to use up a kit until there are only tiny bits and pieces left! I've been inspired to do that after watching Nicole Jones on youtube as well! I've definitely been in my scrap room and creating more. Love the layouts!

    ReplyDelete