Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another late evening scrap

Hello!
I confess: I scrap instead of sleeping... Yesterday was yet another late night at my desk. Me and my hubby watched web-TV and did our different projects and suddenly it was way past my normal bed time. But just like the previous nights I got three layouts done, I had a wonderful time and I'm pleased with the result! Perhaps that is just as good as sleep?

My first layout is with papers from my stack of oldies. When I had choosen my papers I thought the color scheme was very retro and then I picked a photo to go with that theme. This is a photo of me and my dad when I was just a few minutes old, over 36 years ago. This photo is very precious to me and I'm so thankful I got all those years with my wonderful daddy <3.


For this next layout I took out one of those 6''x6'' paper pads again. This one was from Fancy Pants and is called Time for Spring. I had a whole bunch of scraps from a previous project and I placed them on my white paper and added a couple of whole papers as well to create a colorful one-collection-background. I found a photo of myself from a series of photos of me and my son in the play house in our garden. I had lots of photos from the same occasion so I felt I could take one and save the others for a multi-photo-layout later. I found some ancient alpha stickers and I know the yellow on yellow isn't optimal but it looks alot better in real life than in this night time photo. The flair from Amy Tangerine says Good Times, just like the title.


This last page was a quick one with emphasis on the photos. The title says "The cats say meow" and I forced myself to put the photos in ange instead of lining up them beside eachother like I usually do with three photos. Nothing fancy, but it will be a fun page in our album.


I've decided not to use my new papers until I have reached the 50 layouts in my challenge and then I will buy some items for embellishment and make 50 more with what I got because it has really been a great source of inspiration and I like the facts that I'm making a dent in my storage.

By the way, I have noticed that it is hard to see that I'm using up embellishments, becuase they still take up the same amount of space when the container/package is half empty as when it is full. I'm going to challenge myself to use something old until there is nothing left so that I can use the space for something new.

Take care and happy scrappin'!
// Åsa

1 comment: