Monday, May 6, 2013

My Style

Hello!
I thought I should mention something about my scrapbooking style. I'm currently on a steep learning curve since I started following Shimelle Laine on You Tube during fall and I have learnt so much and I am still learning alot every time I watch her videos. I've also started following a couple of other You Tube scrappers which also helps me develop my own style.

My style is simple and straight. I like to use lots of photos, sometimes it is bordering on photo collage, not scrapbooking. I want to use lots of embellishments but I seldom do. I'm starting to get the hang of layering and I have just recently discovered the use of 6''x6''paper pads for 12''x12'' layouts.

Supplies I like & often use:
Cardstock
Buttons
Washi tape
QK alphas
Wood veneers
Enamel dots, rhinestones & half pearls

Supplies I wish I used more often:
Acrylic paint
Stamps
Anything twine-y
Journaling cards, labels, tags
Ink spray
Memorabilia
MM magnetic stamps

Supplies I have grown tired of (at the moment):
Chipboard
Rub-ons
Glitter
Alpha stamps
Charms
Flowers

Supplies that I don't buy anymore:
Thickers & alpha stickers
Pre-embellished paper
Paper packs from Simple Stories

Some days I wish I had a digital cutter, like the Cameo or those like it. But I don't have one and it is not within my budget so I will have to get along without one. I have a Cuttlebug which I bought second hand and I have my QK handtool and I get by really well with those and the dies that I have bought for them.

I like all kinds of colors. I have had a long period of orange love and I so fancy yellow + teal. I think kraft paper is really fun to work with and I prefer cream to white.

// Åsa

No comments:

Post a Comment