Friday, May 10, 2013

My different paper crafting projects

Hi there!
Today I got strong "scrapbook-supply-shoppingravings" when I saw that Two Peas had a nice sale on all their stamps. But I'm on a shop stop so I'll be a good girl.

Instead I thought I would tell you guys about my different scrapbooking projects going on.

Chronological album
I scrap our family photos in 12''x12''. I put them in black fabric covered post bound albums and I have some kind of an idea that I should put the layouts in chronological order but you guys know how it is with post bound... My intentions are chronological and I try the best I can to rearrange and put in order when I make new layouts. I have no goal, however, to scrap in chronological order. I scrap the photos I feel for at the moment and it is mostly the most recent ones. When I flip through my small photo box without finding anything that interests me I usually take out my larger photo storage and look for older photos that inspires me, at the same time I put away more recent photos that I don't get any vibes from at the moment. This usually leads to a rather drastical change in my photo box and I can get layouts done that have been waiting for a long time. I order paper copies in large batches, preferably when I have a nice cupon code or or something like that.

Grandparents' albums
I make 8''x8'' layouts with photos of the kids for their grandparents. I must admit that this project is a bit forgotten at the moment, I have so much fun with my 12''x12''-layouts. I am not particularily fond of 8''x8'' but I thought 12''x12'' was too big for this kind of project and the grandparents are mainly interested in the photos anyway.  I usually make a bunch of quick layouts in time for Christmas and birthdays and give them as gifts so that they can fill up their albums.

Recipe scrapbook
I have a lovely project going on with recipes for food we like, cookies, bread, cake and such yumminess. It is in European size A5 which is about half-Letter size. Every recipe card has a photo of the dish and I store them in page protectors in binders in the kitchen. Rarely a day goes by when I not use these in my cooking. I love this project and the rest of the family too. The last year have been slow in this project since I have drastically changed my diet and now my hubby has too so we haven't been baking alot and not tried alot of new recipies either but I love the work that is already done and it is such a lovely part of our daily life.

Book of Me
I have a special album for layouts that are a bit more privat to me, layouts from my childhood and personal journaling that I rather not have just anyone reading, this is an album that I only show to family. When this album is full I plan to separate my childhood photos into a different album and continue my BoM without them.

Cards
I make cards, not many, but I make all the cards that I need including Christmas cards. I use almost only Magnolia stamps and stamps from another Swedish company called hÄnglar & stÄnglar. I color with Promarkers.


Yeah. I don't have time for all this but I love it! I guess that is the situation for most of us :).
Have a nice Friday!
// Åsa

2 comments:

  1. love all your projects- so organized! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaveing such a kind comment!@

    ReplyDelete