Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First Christmas pages

Hello!
Today I'm sharing three layouts with Christmas photos from 2013.
 
First is a page with my daughter sipping her Christmas must (tastes almost like some kind of strange Coke). First I thought that the two different red colors didn't match and I almost removed the washi. But then I decided that the washi lifted the third kind of red which is in the photo and it could stay on the page. I still don't know if it was the right decision but with all those sequins on top it will have to stay forever on the page. I used papers from Carta Bella. Honestly, I don't think I will be buying alot of their papers in the future. I don't like that they are super thick and the texture almost dulls the pattern.
 
 
Here are two photos from when hubby cut down our Christmas tree. We took it from the garden, we had a spruce tree leaning on the play house and we had to remove it anyway so we decided it would make a good Christmas tree! It was pretty special to go out and cut our own tree, I have never done that before in my whole life. But next Christmas we'll have to buy one, we only had one in the garden :) In these photos you can also see that we had a green Christmas, just some ice to tell it was winter.
 
I used papers from Carta Bella (the large horizontal with green trees) and Studio Calico (the 6''x6'' pages) and the chipboard decorations are from Studio Calico as well.
 
 
This last page has photos from Boxing Day when we had dinner with Henrik's parents and sisters & company. I took photos of when the kids played and they were so fun and all of them were blurry so I decided to make a collage and cut out all the people and mounted them on an old piece of  Graphic 45 paper. I added text stickers from 7 Gypsies and some wood veneers. I've done this before, also with many photos of low quality and I think it is kind of fun.  
 
 
 Have a nice day!
//Åsa
 

3 comments:

  1. Great set of layouts, I think the red woodgrain washi looks nice on the first page! Love how you got to use your own tree for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages. I too love how the wood grain washi tape adds just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, love the use of sequins on them. I think you were right about that tape..it works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete