Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Merry & Bright

Good morning!
I continue with Christmas photos, this time with Christmas papers and no flowers. The first layout has the photos that I used to make the Christmas cards for 2013. I used my 6''x6'' paper pad and chipboard die cuts from Studio Calico and a thin white cotton lace.
 
When I made the photo collage for the Christmas cards I did some cropping with the photos above and the final photo that I glued in the cards looked like this:
 
 
Here is a double page from Christmas Day when we spent the morning an the better part of the day playing with the gifts the kids had recieved on the previous evening. The title says "The Big Play Day". This is the left page:
 
 
And this is the right page: 
 
 
The holly leave paper hold the pages together and the clusters mounted on the same paper as I wrote the journaling on. On the left page I used the holly paper to create a narrow frame around the edge of a kraft cardstock background. I've seen my idol Nicole Jones do those frames a couple of times and I really like the look. It is also a very frugal way to use patterned paper, it gives the impression of an entire paper and you've only used less than two inches.
 
I'm sorry the photos are blurry, I had no idea before I uploaded them to the computer. I promise you, the layouts were crystal clear on the table :)
 
Have a nice day!
//Åsa
 

2 comments:

  1. These are all absolutely lovely!!! But the your little boy with his drum set is making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. Your photographs are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete