Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Happy New Year 2014!
Hello! How have you been? I've missed you so much! I hope the holidays have been good to you and that you have taken lots of photos for your scrapbooks! I have taken many and I got a huge pile of paper copies from the photo company yesterday and I'd love to just dive into my scrapbooking cabinet and create create create!!
 
We've had the flu since before the new year started and I'm sooo tired of being ill and having ill people around me!! Now I'm working eventhough I feel like a wreck and I get by on painkillers and cough medicine. Longing for the weekend like crazy.
 
One special thing is holding me up, I have a package waiting for me at the mail centre, my end-of-the-year-sale purchase from CiLi in Papers! I have ordered all kinds of goodies, a couple of 6''x6'' paper pads, some wood veneers, washi and stamps. I'll show you all of it in a future blog post.
 
Here are two layouts today which I made during Christmas. The first one talks about our snail problem in the garden this past summer and how we managed to get lovely sun flowers against all odds. The sun flower paper is an old autumn one from Bo Bunny and I was so happy when I finally decided how I'd use it. The blue background paper was a hard thing to find. Blue is a hard color I think. I tried maybe 15 papers before I found one that had a blue that was blue enough without any green in it!
 
 
This photo of my son from this summer was one of those where you know right away what you want to do with it. When I was younger I watched Baywatch on TV and I remember those "yellow floating things" that they ran with in the waves. It felt just like the same color as the pedalo boat my son is standing next to! So the title was Baywatch and the second title, Vivassen, is the name of the bay where we were. I put some small sails on the sailing boat wood veneers and I think they became even  more cute!
 
 
 Don't forget to have a look at my CHA 2014 Mega Show favorites! Whish I was there! Have a nice Friday and a lovely weekend! Hugs!
 
//Åsa
 

6 comments:

  1. sunflowers just make me happy! great layout and what a cutie on your baywatch layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great layouts. Love the sunflowers too..they make me feel so warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, beautiful flowers! Baywatch is adorable! I love how the design makes the whole page pop! What a cute little man you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pages, those sunflowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, I really like the design and colours of the second one. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

    ReplyDelete