Wednesday, April 9, 2014

At home

Good morning!
Today I'm home from work, I've got a cold and after sitting in the exchange the whole day yesterday snivelling, coughing, breathing trough my mouth and blowing my nose ones a minute I decided it was time to take a few days R&R at home and get well. So here I am.

I'm sharing three layouts today. First is a baking layout with two photos of my son. I guess many of you would have problem using a pink paper with a boy but to me pink is a color, not a gender, so it goes perfectly in our album. I don't buy this kind of papers anymore but this was an oldie from the stash and it is really sweet, especially with this theme.I'm not pleased with the font but it'll have to do.


Yeah, here is Kosmos again! I think this is the first photo I took of him that was OK. When we decided to get a cat I imagined myself taking plenty of pictures of him, funny ones and then scrapbook my own LOL-cats for the rest of my life but then we got a black cat and my plans went down the drain. It is nearly impossible to take photos of him!! There is nothing to focus on! The camera sees him as void, nothing there, just darkness, and 99% of the photos become blurry.

This is my first time using the burlap that I got in one of my hauls the other day. I cut it using my Cuttlebug and thin dies from QK. It didn't  cut perfectly but since I choose easy shapes I could cut the last few fibers with the scissors. I'm very pleased with the result and I will use it alot, especially for grounding elements like tags and banners under my clusters of embellishments.

The flags are my first stampin project using my new ink pads from Stampin' Up! I love the colors and I love the flags! The black bows and the black cat ties the whole layout together and my journaling is about when we decided to buy Kosmos and when we went to pick him up.

 
My mother has a thing for geraniums (Pelargonium). I just had to photograph some of them when we went to see her last summer. This whole layout is kind of a creative tribute to my mother and I added more pink and lace to get the right feeling.



I'll be back in a minute with a one-item-haul that I got in the mail yesterday. Have a nice day! 
//Åsa

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts, love the colors/patterns you chose for each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages! I love the sweet colors on the first one, and I sure don't have a problem with pink for boys either! Cool that you were able to cut the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages, and the geraniums are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages, I especially love the sweet kitty photo and the embellishments on that page.

    ReplyDelete