Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday I'm in Love

Good Day & Happy Friday!
It has been ringing like crazy here the whole morning so I haven't had the time to update until now when I'm on lunch. Infact I'm so tired I'm quite impressed I've managed to work at all. First I did some major scrapbooking last night and got to bed late, then after just an hour or so my son woke up and had a high fever and kept waking up every 1½ hour crying and feeling miserable. It was a tough night and I don't think I woke up for real before I was on the way to day care with my daughter. Hubby is home with our son. Hope this fever thing will go away during the day. But hey, it's Friday! 

My Thursday evening by the scrapbooking desk was really nice and now I have only one full sheet of patterned paper left in my pile of oldies. I still have a couple of layouts to complete before I reach 50 so I will have to dive into my paper folders and look for more papers, or perhaps use 6''x6'' papers on cardstock background. 

Here are my layouts from last night! First is a layout with my son when he started eating solids. He wasn't very impressed at first :) I took out all journaling cards I could find that had kind of a clean design and I added pieces of kraft paper to make a frame around the photo block. At first it just looked crazy but after I had stamped the kraft with word stamps it looked alot better. The background is an ancient paper from Basic Grey.


Here are three photos of my daughter playing with color pencils and coloring stamped images. I opened my box of ribbons and collected the ones without patterns and multicolor and cut small pieces which I glued to the back of the photo block. I like the effect and I will do it soon again. I drew some lines with black pen and ruler along the paper edges to hold the whole layout together and I think it worked out well.


I'm sorry about this last photo, I will have to replace it with a new shot when I come home, this makes me dizzy. I had a whole bunch of photos of this cutie and myself in the play house and first I thought I would do a double spread but then I cropped the photos instead and crammed them all onto one page. I used a wood clock from Prima to make a sun/flower with strips of patterned paper. I stamped with word stamps to mat the "sun".


I hope you will have a wonderful Friday and weekend. Sun is shining today so I'm hoping for weather like we had last weekend - summer style! Hugs to all of you!
// Åsa

4 comments:

  1. The photos on the first page are priceless and so cute. Love how you used the ribbon on the second page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that ribbon! Such sweet layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one with the strips and ribbons all peaking out. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that it looks like you use 4x6 photos (trimmed) also. I will have to try overlapping them like you did in the 2nd layout. I love that one! Hope that your son feels better today and you all get some sleep...I have a 1 1/2 yr old...I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete